How many times have you read about a new app on the market and you’ve thought “See? I knew that would work!” or something like “Damn it! I should have tried it myself when I first thought of it!” But you know what the problem is? You come up with so many ideas – every single day – that there’s no humanly possible way for you to accomplish it all. And the riskiest – and saddest – thing is that you have so much going on your mind that you may not get any of those fabulous ideas started! You gotta admit it: You’re a multipassionate soul!
Now, before you keep on reading, check out this post on multitasking vs productivity. I’m sure it will help you ease your mind a little bit 🙂
Done reading? Awesome! Then let’s keep going! Now that you know that multitasking isn’t helping you as a multipassionate freelancer, and that trying to do too many things at the same time will most likely hurt your productivity, let’s see what you can do to combine all your passions without going cray-cray!
How Are Multipassionate Souls Supposed to Start All Different Projects They Have in Mind?
First of all, you need to have a clear mind. Otherwise, you will hardly be able to start anything new. The pressure you’re setting yourself under just to keep in mind everything you want to remember will be too big.
If your mind can’t have a break from coming up with ideas, maybe it’s just because you don’t let it rest! Here are a couple of tips for your mind to take a little break (from you!):
- Braindump all ideas and to-dos you have on your mind right now.
- Carry a notepad and a pen with you, and write down every single thing you think about when it comes to freelancing projects and strategies.
- Use Evernote if you like it digital. It allows you to save pictures, scan any document, create checklists and record voice messages.
You’ll see how much clearer your mind will be now that you’ve created a bit of “space” 🙂 So now you can figure out what you’d like to do with all those passions and ideas you constantly have! Here are a couple of options for you to choose from:
- 1 passion at a time. Start with one single passion, hobby or idea, and then go on with the next one. You may discover what you really love doing, or what was just a nice idea – but that’s all.
- Discard (sniff) a couple of your passions. I know, I know, I hate it too, but sometimes you just gotta let go, right?
- My favorite option: Combine all your passions to find that sweet spot which can make you love your life. Check out this easy but effective Japanese technique to find out that sweet spot, or “ikigai.”
What's Your Ikigai?
Find out what your ideal life looks life!
And speaking of Japanese techniques, I’m sure you’ve heard about Marie Kondo’s secrets to declutter. Now, I’m not going to talk about cleaning or tidying up your house right now – we wanted to focus on one thing at a time, remember? 😉 However, I think Marie’s techniques are more than appropriate for many aspects of our daily life, especially our freelancing business.
So if you’re curious about how a little Japanese lady with tons of tips to make your home look better can help you quit your job and start a freelance business, check out this blog post and let me know what you think!
And if neither Marie Kondo nor the ikigai flower is helping you come up with the perfect combination for all your ideas, why don’t you try this other option? It was the answer to my boiling brain 😀
PS. Are you born to freelance?