Welcome to this week’s episode of the online marketing series for beginners! If you can remember, last week, we described online marketing as a giant puzzle. Why? Well, because you need all
These marketing tools have to complement each other, but you don’t need them all. In fact, it can quickly get too much, not only for your
So let’s continue our online marketing series with the next step, which is finding out the main tools you can use to create a successful online marketing strategy.
Online Marketing Main Tools
This isn’t an exhaustive list, but you’ll find the main types of digital marketing. None of them excludes another. In fact, a good online marketing strategy usually includes several – or all – of them.
Don’t worry if the tools’ short descriptions don’t make much sense to you right now, ’cause we’re going to analyze them all in the following episodes of this online marketing series for beginners.
- Website. This is going to be your headquarter, so you’d better have one! Your website can be your online business card or your
customersmagnet. It’s up to you how you use it, but you need one.
- Content marketing is based on – yep, you guessed it right – content! This is probably the easiest type of online marketing, but also the one that takes more time.
- SEO stands for Search Engine
Optimization,and is the tool which helps your website appear on the highest positions of Google’s and other search engines’ result pages.
- Email marketing is a strategy used to market your products or services using emails and newsletters.
- Social media marketing is the way to promote your products or services on social media platforms – regardless of how many you use.
- SEM stands for Search Engine Marketing, and its goal is similar to SEO but through paid advertising.
- Affiliate Marketing is a commission-based online marketing strategy. It consists of promoting other people products – or letting other people promote your products – in exchange
- eCommerce is basically a synonym for
onlinestore, that is, a marketplace where you can sell your products.
PS. Are you born to freelance?
Work from home successfully
Download this ebook and let me help you figure out how to change careers!