Are you bored from your current job? Are you tired of doing the same thing all over again? Day after day? Month after month? Year after year…? You have wanted to start something new for a long time now, but now you feel it’s too late to change and start an online job? You should have chosen another profession. Maybe next life?
Find Out which Online Job Suits You
Well, guess what:
- Are you aware that you spend one-third of your day working and another third sleeping – or trying to? Wouldn’t you like to actually enjoy that third of your time doing something that you love?
- Full-timers with a regular 40-hour week spend 200 hours a month working. 200 hours! That makes around 2,400 hours yearly! Working. Not having fun. Working. Not being with the people you love. Working.
- Unless you are in your sixties, you still have a lot of years before you can retire. And that means many months, many weeks and a lot of days!
You were born as yourself. Not as the job you chose to do. Don’t be afraid – or worse yet, ashamed – of changing careers anytime just because others wouldn’t take it. I wasn’t born a translator. That’s what I studied. That was my profession. My passion at the time. But never my identity.
I had to put up with many “ahas”, “ahem” and ironic grins when I began telling my friends that I was studying web design and online marketing. And the sad thing is that I said “studying web design”. Not “I’m going to be a web designer”, which is what I had set my mind to be. I had to introduce the process of studying to the sentence. Or that’s what I thought I had to do. Even if I had been studying for a long time!
I know it isn’t always easy to start something completely new, but don’t let this kind of excuses get on your way:
- “I’m too old for a change” – How old is too old? We are supposed to be working around 30-40 years of our life. If you are in your 30s, you still have at least 30 years to go on. In your 40s? At least 20 years to keep on working. In your 50s? A bunch of years as well!
- “I can’t do anything else” – Really? So you have no hobbies? Nothing you would actually like to be doing the whole day? It doesn’t even have to be something entirely new; you can just adapt your current job to the digital world and to your life. Do you remember how hard it felt to get the very first job with no experience at all? Well, guess what: You do have experience now. Use it.
- “Digital world? The Internet is nice for watching Netflix, but not for working. I suck at the PC.” Well, you don’t have to do it all by yourself, you can get professional help. But it’s not that difficult though. You just have to try. What’s the worst that can happen? Surely not worse than not trying at all.
Forget about what others think. Forget about your fears. Your doubts. Your excuses. Remember your passions. Your hobbies. Your time. Do you really want to spend the rest of your life doing something you don’t like? Are you going to wait for your next life to start living?
If you would like to read more about taking your profession to the online world, stay tuned or leave your email here and you’ll get practical ideas which will hopefully help you figure out what you want to do.
Are you born to freelance?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Work from home successfully
Download this ebook and let me help you figure out how to change careers!