If you’re wondering whether you should have a website for your small business to make money online, think of it as an online business card. You’re giving everyone access to your online shop, to discover your products, and get to know your brand, your style, and the image you want your business to have. You can have customers from around the world without even having to step outside.
Do you really need to have a website to make money online? Ask yourself these questions:
>> Now, let’s think of the times when there was no Internet… Remember the days where you used to check for someone’s contact details on the Yellow Pages? Who does it today??
>> If you were born in the 21st Century, you won’t even know what I’m talking about. So how do you search nowadays for an online company? Right, good old google 🙂
>> Now, if you’re a potential client checking on a couple of possible companies, which one would you choose? The one with an online presence – aka professional website- or the one you can’t really find online?
>> Would you rather have customers visit your site, or go to events & conferences to distribute your printed business card? I thought so!
Now, think again if you need to have a website for your small business 😉
Some alternatives to websites – and still make money online
However, if you can’t create a website – or if you can’t afford to pay for someone to do it for you, there are other ways to be online – and that’s what you’re aiming for, right? You want to be available for Google or Bing searches and have an online presence. So let’s check those other options for being online without having to create a website – yet 😉
- Create a professional page on about.me, a perfect option for freelancers to create a free and easy business webpage.
- Create a profile on platforms such as Upwork or Behance, where freelancers offer their online services.
- Create a business page on LinkedIn, THE place to search and be found in the online business world. I just wrote “business page” ’cause I guess you already have a personal profile, right?
- Create a professional profile on social media -> You don’t have to be everywhere, just on the platform which matches your product and where your potential customers are – grannies in their 70s aren’t going to be on Snachapt, for instance 🙂
- If you’re selling visual content – like photography or designs, you should consider creating a profile on Instagram and Pinterest, where you can portray your portfolio.
- If your content or product is video material – like DIY instructions or make-up videos, for instance… You guessed it right – YouTube all the way!
One last idea to make money online without a website
What about if I told you that there’s a way to have an easy webpage, that is a no-brainer to create, and that would look awesome for your online business?? Yep! A sales page!!! My favorite is this one from Bluchic. You just have to follow their DIY-video, and you can have it online on one day!
See? I told you it was going to be easy 😉 But if you still need some motivation, check out these 5 reasons to start an online business.
So what do you say? Ready to start thinking about online promotion? Check out this post, and you’ll get more details about how to plan and create your online presence.
These posts may interest you: