Can you relate? You find it hard to hear how other people spend their time traveling around the world while making money. Or how other moms are working from home and can organize their time in a way that they can take care of both family and work. And you find it so hard to hear because you’d love to do something similar, but you can’t seem to be even able to try it. And the question is why not. What stops you from making changes you’ve been longing for so long?
Well, the truth is that it’s hard to change. It’s much easier to keep your lifestyle, even though you keep on complaining about the time you spend commuting in your car, about having to go to the office, or about not having time to be with your family. You may want to travel around the world and start an adventure while making money blogging, but changing is hard. Life goes by much more smoothly when you keep your routine the way you’ve been doing so many years!
Possible Reasons For You Not to Change And Take Action
First of all, let me tell you that I’m listing here all reasons – ahem, excuses – I’ve given myself. So don’t think that I’m some kind of super robot who’s always had everything under control. I don’t think anyone has it. Every single person you may follow or admire has downtimes as well. The key here is for you to learn how to get up after falling down, and be able to stay motivated.
So let’s go through all those reasons that may be stopping you from making changes in your life:
- You have no time. Plan thoroughly all steps you need to make your dream a reality, and eliminate all time-sucking habits that we all tend to create.
- You have no money. Make use of all free resources available as YouTube videos, podcasts, blogs, and online tools.
- You hate selling. Once you discover what your audience needs, offering them a solution won’t feel like selling but helping.
- You think you have no skills. Combine what you’ve learned, what you’re good at, and what you like doing, and complete your ikigai worksheet to get multiple ideas on how to work online!
- You struggle with self-motivation. Make a plan, and stick to it no matter what! Just keep working. And if you need outer motivation, search for podcasts, books, or blogs that pump you up!
- You think that working from home is boring. Set up a fix work schedule, and make the most out of your working time. You’ll have much more opportunities to enjoy your free time if you set up your home office professionally.
- You’re afraid of failing. Failure is just a synonym for learning in the online world. There’s hardly any online service that can’t be undone and modified until you find out what sticks.
Can you see a common pattern in all these reasons you may have to not start right now? Yep. They’re mostly excuses you use unconsciously to avoid getting out of your comfort zone. So once you admit it, you’ll be able to forget them all, and you’ll be able to take action. And remember: “It doesn’t matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
Do you need more motivating quotes? Check out this blog post about the best business tips we see everywhere – but don’t dare to apply.