Do you struggle to go to work every single day? Can’t you stop counting the hours until you can drive home again? Do you secretly wish your boss would fire you? Then, my friend, I have to tell you that you have already quit your job. The problem is that it’s only happened on your mind. And it’s also on your mind where you have started working from home – just your laptop, a nice cup of coffee and yourself. No high heels anymore!! Yessss!!
So you close your eyes, take a deep breath and let the images flow in front of you. You’re telling your boss right now that you’re never ever coming back again. That you only live once – and you want to enjoy every bit of your life. But then it strikes you again. That can only happen in your fantasy. You need the damn money to live that life you want to enjoy. Without that monthly income, you couldn’t do it. You have a responsibility, and your kids would likely prefer to have something to eat – even if they don’t see you that much. So that’s it. Again. Until the next time you daydream again.
Now, I’d love to tell you to quit your job anyway, that everything’s gonna be alright and that you won’t have any financial problems. But nobody can know that, right? But what I can tell you is not to think black or white. And what I mean by that is that you don’t have to necessarily take the leap all at once and quit your job overnight. However, that doesn’t mean that you have to throw your dreams overboard just like that. Only because that’s the life you’re supposed to live.
What about doing it step by step? Why don’t you take one step at a time with a very defined goal – Quit your job and work from home, or wherever you want?
Follow these 6 steps to quit your job and start working from home
- You gotta know what your work from home is going to be, so figure out which kind of online business you’re going to run.
- Create some time to work on your strategy and on your online presence. Block some hours in the evening, in the morning before you go to work or on the weekends. And stick to it!
- Once you have your online presence up and running, try to work for the very first customer while you’re still working full time. Again, stick to your blocked time in order to make it possible.
- Handle a part-time position with your boss. This is the time where you’ll have to work the hardest in order for you to get as many customers – and money – as possible. Take advantage of the newly gained time!
- Don’t get discouraged by any setbacks. You may need more time than planned to get enough customers for you to gain the confidence you need to quit your job. Don’t lose your final goal out of sight!
- Once you feel your new online business could be successful if you had more time to invest in it… Quit your job! When you’re going to take the leap is a decision for you to make, but make sure that you don’t wait too long, as side-hustling can get exhausting.
Sometimes, what seems impossible – and rather a dream than an option – is just a matter of setting a goal, making a plan and fight for it. Try your best and work hard. If you don’t try, you’ll get stuck in your current position – and life doesn’t wait 😉
Are you born to freelance?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Work from home successfully
Download this ebook and let me help you figure out how to change careers!