There are 2 typical mistakes we all make when working from home: 1. You get so bored that you stand up and go to the kitchen to fetch a snack. 2. You’re so focused and concentrated in your work that you forget to stand up and get a healthy snack, so by the time you go to the kitchen, you’re so hungry that you need something quick. In both cases, chances are that you don’t eat healthy snacks.
Unfortunately, it’s too easy to eat quick and bad, especially if you’re working at home by yourself. However, with an easy fix, staying healthy is way easier than it seems. So let’s have a look at these tips to eat clean and stay healthy:
5 Tips to Eat Clean – When You Have the Kitchen Near Your Workplace
- Plan your weekly meals ahead. The more meals you plan, the less improvisation you’ll be doing. So make a list of every healthy meal and snack you’re going to eat next week.
- Write your shopping list including only the ingredients you need for the planned meals in Step 1.
- Once you’re at the grocery store, don’t buy anything you don’t need for those meals. Principally don’t buy anything you know you shouldn’t eat (that’s much easier if you aren’t hungry when you go shopping!
- If you know you’re gonna need snacks, buy healthy ones. When you’re hungry and go to the kitchen to fetch a quick snack, make sure you only have healthy options. You’ll hate yourself at first, but you’ll get used to it 😉
- Set a timer to eat – the later you eat the more probable it is that you’ll be hungry and, therefore, you’ll eat too much. So set a timer to eat healthy at a time when you know you’re not usually hungry yet.
5 More Tips to Stay Healthy When Working from Home
- Don’t have any snacks at the office. If you wanna eat something, take a stroll to the kitchen – at least you’ll be exercising your legs a bit 😉
- Stand up once an hour at least. If you forget to leave your office, set a timer once an hour. This is something I do ’cause otherwise, I’d sit too many hours in a row!
- If you get a call, stand up and walk while you talk. It’ll keep you active, and you’ll be more focused when you sit down again to keep on working.
- Don’t put everything ready to hand. Make sure you have to stand up to use the printer and to get some paper. And don’t have your coffee pot ready near to your desk – Stand up and go to the kitchen to get it 😉
- And last, but not least, block 30 daily minutes in your planner for training. Yep. And if sports is nothing for you, you can also go out and walk for 30-45 minutes with sneakers on – and do it at a faster pace than usual.
Recap – Stay Healthy at Your Home-Office
As you see, staying healthy and keeping clean is easier than you think:
- Plan your meals and write a shopping list.
- Buy just what you need for those planned meals.
- Buy only healthy snacks and throw away everything that could make you grab unhealthy stuff.
- Set a timer to eat a bit earlier and to stand up – at least once an hour.
- Create time for sports, and train 30 minutes a day or go walking 30-45 minutes a day at a fast pace.
If you have any more tips, leave a comment below!