Have you noticed the huge amount of business tips, business books, masterminds, and motivational business quotes that surround us? How often have you liked a motivational quote on Instagram? Aren’t they great? Aren’t they helpful? Well, and if they are… Why don’t we apply them? Do we really need them? Don’t we know them all already? Isn’t it just another way to procrastinate?
Way too many questions, I know! Let me show some of my favorite business tips. I bet you’ve already seen them somewhere:
Business tips we love but don’t implement
Business Tip #1: Take Action
- “One day or day one? You decide”
- “A year from now, you’ll wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
- “Procrastination is the thief of time.” – Edward Young
- “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.” – Mother Teresa
Business Tip #2: Do It Scared
- “Don’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle.” – John Acuff
- “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing and falling over.” – Richard Branson
- “Fail often so you can succeed sooner.” – Tom Kelley
- “Risking is better than regret.”
Business Tip #3: Consistency Is Key
- “I’m convinced that about half of what separates successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.” – Steve Jobs
- “A goal without a plan is just a wish.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- “When you want to quit, remember why you started.” – Emmanuel Okeke
- “Being busy doesn’t mean being productive.”
What are these business tips really telling us?
- To overcome our insecurity, forget about our fears, and just get started.
- To be proud of yourself ’cause at least you tried. That’s the only way to know whether we have a real chance to succeed or not. What other people tell us, what we believe… It’s just that, beliefs and guessings.
- To have a goal, make a plan and stick to it.
Now, you may still be thinking, “But what happens if I fail?” Well, turn the question upside down and ask yourself, “What do I have to lose?” Unfortunately, often enough, we’re not scared of failing just for ourselves – but for other people. “What will the others think about me?” Again, change this question to “What do I care what other people think? It’s my life”.
I said “business tips,” but if you have a closer look at them all, you’ll notice that you can apply most of these tips to life in general. I always tell my 9-year-old daughter that being brave doesn’t mean not being scared but rather doing something even though we’re scared. I have the feeling that resonated with her, and I can assure you that she isn’t starting a business. At least not yet 😉
What is your favorite quote? Did you know them all? I love this one:
“If you don’t like something, change it.
If you can’t change it, change your attitude.
– Maya Angelou
You may like these posts: